Tuesday, January 26, 2010

mis-direction for nasty people!

I was showing my small person where her old nursery was and it seems Google maps is out by a little bit. Click on the "View larger map" and if you know the area, the label is on the wrong side of the road and about 100 meters to far north east.


View Larger Map

I am quite cool about it. The security appears good at the nursery, similar information is available elsewhere if you want to look and the real risks are typically closer to home. However, I have meet a few parents who it would upset if Google has marked it in the right place.

What should be labelled and what should not?

On Ordnance Survey maps (this was true when I last looked 10 years plus ago), this place was described as a duck pond which it very clearly is not and now it is even labelled as such.


View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment